The Central Valley Dual Language Consortium was initiated with the mission of supporting local districts in developing exemplary dual language programs in times of intense English only scrutiny brought about by Proposition 227. With the passage of Proposition 58, we have entered an era of increase interest and support for dual language education. The Consortium consists of the bilingual faculty of California State University at Stanislaus and the dual language schools in our university service area, as well as bilingual/ELL coordinators in the school districts and county offices of education.
The Central Valley Dual Language Consortium has the following goals:
1. To conduct research for the improvement of dual language education;
2. To share university bilingual faculty and school district expertise related to developing dual language programs;
3. To share information with students and community groups regarding Dual Language Education;
4. To support the development of student MA theses and projects focusing on the research and program needs of area Dual Language Programs;
5. To support and facilitate the Annual Central Valley Dual Language Conference;
6. To support and facilitate the Annual Central Valley Dual Language Parent Conference;
7. To support and facilitate the Annual Central Valley Dual Language Program Administrator Institute;
8. To support the improvement of the preparation of in-service dual language educators;
9. To increasing the quantity and quality of Bilingual/Dual Language student teaching placements in Dual Language Schools;
10. To improve the preparation of Bilingual/Dual Language pre-service teachers;
11. To increase the recruitment of Bilingual/Dual Language credential students;
12. To support primary language reading instruction field experiences at Dual Language schools;
13. To seek external funding to develop our University service area dual language programs.
The Central Valley Dual Language Consortium meets on a monthly basis to work on these agreed upon goals. Inquiries regarding the Consortium should be directed to Dr. Juan Flores, Consortium Facilitator, at JFlores@csustan.edu.